By month Edit
- 22 January - The first electrified tram route in Southampton opens, running from Junction to Shirley.
Unknown date Edit
- The Isle of Man Tramways & Electric Power Co. Ltd., owners of the Douglas Bay Horse Tramway and the Manx Electric Railway go in liquidation.
- The London County Council Tramways get permission from Parliament to electrify the system.
- Electric services commence on the Nottingham Corporation Tramways.
- An outbreak of "Pink-eye" in horses curtails the Nottingham and District Tramways Company Limited's horse tram operations.
- The Blackpool tramway extends north to Gynn Square and links up with the Blackpool & Fleetwood Tramroad.