By month Edit
- 18 March - The Tynemouth & District Electric Tramways opens.
- 26 March - The Wrexham District Tramways opens.
- 4 April - London United Tramways runs it's first 3 tram routes.
- 4 April - The Isle of Thanet Electric Tramways opens.
- 5 April - The Kinver Light Railway opens.
- 6 April - The Poole & District Electric Tramways opens.
- 6 April - The Merthyr Tydfil Electric Tramways opens.
- 13 April - The Newcastle & Gosforth Tramways opens.
- 26 April - The Wrexham District Tramways opens.
- 3 August - Southampton Corporation Tramways open the Ordnance Office - Bellevue Terrance - St. Mary's - Docks route.
- 17 October - Southampton Corporation Tramways open the Marsh Lane - Central Bridge - Floating Bridge Road route.
Unknown date Edit
- The Blackpool tramway opens the Marton Road loop,connecting Talbot Square and Central Station along Church Street, Devonshire Square, Whitegate Drive, Waterloo Road and Central Drive. A new depot was built on Whitegate Drive in Marton
- London United Tramways extend their route from Chiswick to Brentford and Hounslow and from Acton to Ealing, Southall and Uxbridge