By month Edit
- 15 May - London County Council Tramways open their first electrified tram route from Westminister to Tooting.
- 19 May - Southampton Corporation Tramways open the Stag Gates - Common (Highfield Road) route.
- 20 May - Southampton Corporation Tramways open the Onslow Road - Bevois Hill - Lodge Road route.
- 31 May - First tram arrives at Heaton Park.
- 8 July - The electric tramway in Cottbus opens.
- 25 July - Southampton Corporation Tramways open the Portswood - Hampton Park route.
Unknown date Edit
- The Promenade line on the Blackpool tramway reaches the Pleaseure Beach.
- Ilkeston Corporation Tramways opens.
- Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire Tramways Company is formed.
- The London United Tramways line was extended from Twickenham to Hampton, Hampton Court Richmond Bridge and Teddington.
- Nottingham Corporation Tramways introduce colour-coding to their services.