By month Edit
- 1 February - The British Government announce the succesful bid by Blackpool Transport and Blackpool Council to complety upgrade the entire system at a cost of £60.3M.
- 17 March - Simonside station on the Tyne and Wear Metro opens.
- 18 March - The Cagliari tramway system opens.
- 18 March - It is announced by the British Government that tram-trains are to be tested on the Penistone Line from 2010 onwards.
- 27 March - Heathrow Terminal 5 station opens on the Underground's Picadilly line
Unknown date Edit
- The proposed opening for Merseytram's line 2 - the entire project has now been postponed.
- Proposed opening for the Leeds Supertram - this project has now been cancelled.